Saturday, November 5, 2011

Finished my Lady Gaga swap pieces, at last!

For the Lady Gaga swap on the Den of Angels doll forum.  I love to do swaps, they get me to making things even when I don't really feel like it, and its a fun way to get new things and interact with other members.  I thought it was a brilliant idea for a swap and I couldn't wait to begin, but alas I was uninspired for the longest time, I simply could not think of anything to make!

Finally I found this super fun stretch lace in ivory with silver glitter dots and decided to make a short kimono.  Lady Gaga wears a lot of lace, and black and white, and my partner indicated that they would prefer the more high fashion Gaga to the crazypants meat dress Gaga  :P  The black studded ribbon trim made a very Gaga-ish obi belt (and saved me from making a corset/waist cincher!) that had a proper rebel feel.  She has some gold lame underpants on under it, and I made a silver sparkly hair bow and Mickey Mouse sunglasses and a cute little paper parasol  :)     I finished it just in time, and got it in the mail on the very. last. day.


modeled by Olive, my Domuya Fin (the wig and boots were not included)

No comments:

Post a Comment