Friday, September 23, 2011

Fun with Sharpies

So I bought this mega-pack of Sharpie markers a few weeks ago on a trip to the grocery store.  I got two packs, one big one, and one that had "80's brights" or something like that.  I've been doodling on bristol and cardstock with them, but today I decided to give ornaments a go  (my mom has about a million of these flat bisque ornaments that she paints on and she gave me some to play with, thanks mom!)

First I did a quick peacock feather, using a real one that the neighbor's peacock left behind on a visit as an example.  Then I dug out a Dover book of vintage butterflies and got to work!  I did a light pencil sketch of the basic outlines and then just started filling it in.  Who knew that the humble Sharpie could create such pretty things?
A few accents with metallic paint pens and a hit of glitter, then a few coats of clear spray sealer and voila!  I just need to seal the backs and add some pretty ribbon  :)
Now if someone could just teach me how to tie a decent bow I'll be all set for Christmas  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment